Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oct 12, 2009 Felicia Chin @ U-Weekly



FILMING two dramas back-to-back is not easy, as MediaCorp actress Felicia Chin can attest.

The actress recently travelled to Malaysia to film a new co-production drama titled Baby Bonus. In it, her role is different from her previous characters as she plays a colourful Ah Lian named Apple.

Felicia said: 'It was initially hard to grasp the role because I filmed Baby Bonus soon after The Ultimatum. Both characters are uninhibited and I was worried that I might be projecting traces of my previous character onto Apple.

'Luckily, I began speaking with an (Ah Lian) accent on the third day of filming. '

So was Felicia anything like an Ah Lian in school? 'I can't really remember. I think I was always the sporty type,' she said.

'But when I was in Sec 3 or 4, I liked to pin colourful hair clips on my hair, and it was so excessive that my head was full of clips.'

Felicia admitted she was just following the trend but didn't know where or how it started. 'Only one or two of my friends dressed up like that but I went to the extreme. JPG wallets and Elle waist pouches were also very popular then. My elder sister had them, but I didn't,' she said.

Does she think the Ah Lian image will ruin her image as one of MediaCorp's 'seven princesses'? She doesn't think so, explaining: 'I'm happy to try new things. Only then will I know my limits.'

In the drama, Felicia's Ah Lian eventually doesn't fall for an Ah Beng but a nerd played by Tay Ping Hui. Having worked with Ping Hui many times before, Felicia admits that she finds Ping Hui cute. 'Inside every man is a homeboy. Ping Hui is like that. That side of him is rarely seen on screen,' she said.

After being in showbiz for six years since winning Star Search 2003, Felicia still feels she lacks eloquence. She said: 'I feel that everyone must experience a stage... from being in an unfamiliar place to forcing yourself to speak more.

'I realised that the more you force yourself to do something you're not used to, the more you don't understand yourself. It would even feel a little painful and you cannot differentiate right from wrong.'

No comments:

Post a Comment