Friday, July 22, 2011

Felicia Chin rockin' at Orchard Road


SINGAPORE: Singapore actress Felicia Chin turned busker for a day while filming a scene for an upcoming Mandarin drama serial "Love Thy Neighbour" on Tuesday along the busy Orchard Road.

Chin, who was in a full black ensemble, completed her rocker chic look with lots of mascara and a red electric guitar.

The actress plays the character 'Wang Tian Hu' who overcomes her stage fright by donning a mask to busk and raise donations for her neighbour.

"At first I didn't think too much about it (busking), but now I feel that it takes a lot of guts to perform along the streets in front of strangers.

"I'll try to forget the surroundings and just be in character," said the cheery actress.

The first-time busker was given the thumbs-up by her co-star Shaun Chen and she might just lend her voice to a song for the drama serial.

"Hopefully after they hear my voice, they will allow me to sing it!" laughed Chin.

"I find it (singing) interesting, but I'll definitely need more training," added the actress.

Chin found the busking experience "liberating" and is looking forward to the day when she could do a full performance by herself.

"It's very fun, I wish that I could really do everything myself.

"If I have the chance one day, why not?" chirped Chin.

The 26 year old seems to share an unusual affinity with Orchard Road.

In the 2004 drama serial "The Champions", Chin ran down the same stretch of road in a bikini alongside Jeanette Aw and Fiona Xie.

Now, she had to busk in front of a crowd.

So which was a more frightening experience?

"I think it's pretty (similar) - the only difference is the amount of clothes that I have (on)!" joked the actress.

Credit to Channelnewsasia

No comments:

Post a Comment