Friday, August 26, 2011

#lovethyneighbour Felicia gets personal!

Photobucket

Feli gets personal about juggling school work and acting. Being away from acting for a while, she shares what it’s like coming back to do what she does best.

School has already started for me! Looking back(although I don’t have the habit to do that), I had quite a fulfilling 3-month-long holidays! Though it was jam-packed with activites, after going through these hectic 3 months, I find it rather amazing and fun!

I had my 2-weeks exchange programme in Beijing where I met up and worked with students from the States and Peking University. A short period of time, but I made new friends from different countries and cultures.

Right before filming started, I had the chance to participate in Stars for a Cause, which brought me to the world’s first Elephant Hospital in Chiangmai. My heart went out to them when I saw several elephants that were injured by the land mines, and the impact simply blew off the soles of their feet and several were amputated. It’s really heartbreaking. But I was very touched when these elephants actually recognised me when I went back to visit them on the following days:) it really warmed my heart.

Photobucket

The people there are also very creative, they use elephant dung to make a lot of other stuff like papers, envelopes, containers etc to raise funds for the elephants. I bought a fan that is made of dung!!!

Photobucket

It really served me well when I was getting too hot during the filming of Love Thy Neighbour! Not to worry, it doesn’t smell at all.

Photobucket

And I like to have a piece of tissue stick to my forehead when I’m perspiring… Haha…little secret, it serves its purpose yet does not mess up the hair.

Photobucket

It wasn’t too difficult for me to juggle school and acting this time round, as filming occured during my vacation. But it feels kind of strange after being in a study mode for almost a year. Waking up as early as 5 plus in the morning getting my butt to Mediacorp E5 (our make up unit) was new but also familiar. -_-’Getting to see the familiar faces of our make up artistes, wardrobe coordinator, directors, assistant directors, production assistants and the crew etc does really feel like home again!

Frankly, the first few weeks of filming did leave me with a tinge of, “ Am I back in front of the camera portraying another role??”

Photobucket

It’s like making friends with the camera once again! Rather then having my usual thick textbook and tons of notes on hand, I’m having the feel of the scripts on my hand once again……

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another difference is that everything’s in chinese and I have to memorise all my scripts! (Time to brush up on my Mandarin! :p)

I also had to get used to my new role Wang Tian Hu. She’s someone who likes rock music but personally, I’m not really a rock person. So I had rock music downloaded and I will listen to it whenever I’m free, so as to get into the mood, haha.. I even chanced upon a rock music book so I bought it! Just knowing more about rock musicians and music will help build up the character I was playing. Also, watching videos of how all those rock musicians perform is a must, so that I can pick up a few points from them.

Photobucket

If you guys realise, I have this BRIGHT ORANGE headset which I love so much!!

Photobucket

I bought it the minute I set my eyes on it and decided to use it as one of my “accessories” for Wang Tianhu who loves music so much! So as to bring out the character more distinctly:)

Photobucket

Alright! It’s time for me to go back to my books! So long guys… I will be back!

Love Thy Neighbour debuts 27 September, Weeknights 9pm on Channel 8!


Credit to Bagua TV Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment