Monday, September 12, 2011

#lovethyneighbour Felicia & the man she can’t live without

Photobucket

Felicia chats about acting opposite HK veteran Xia Yu! Did she hold her own??

After the previous blog about Wang Tianhu (王天胡), and myself, now I’m going to introduce a man whom Wang Tianhu (王天胡) can’t do without. Nope….. it’s not 叶孟(played by Shaun).

Photobucket

(Sorry Shaun)

Without this man, there will not be Wang Tianhu (王天胡).

Photobucket

And he is none other than…Wang Da Fa (王大发) (played by Hongkong veteran actor夏雨)!

Photobucket

A con man who cheats people for a living; he even teaches Tianhu all his ‘cheating’ skills. You can say that the Wangs make a lively bubbly father-daughter tag team- they will go out and cheat together but always manages to get into some sticky situation. Most of the time, TianHu will bicker with her dad on purpose just to make him ‘angry’ or ridicle her old man’s cheating tactics. But of course, as the Chinese saying goes “姜还是老的辣 “, Dafa will not lose out to her and always manages to “fight” back. Though they bicker all the time, this only shows how close they really are. It’s just their form of communication.=)

Photobucket

Photobucket

In real life, this is definitely not how we communicate with each other. For my first day of shoot, I was quite excited and nervous to meet 夏雨大哥. Excited cos he is a veteran actor whose acting is natural and with depth; someone I can learn from. Nervous cos it was not only my first day of shoot; it was also my first time meeting him in person.

Photobucket

After filming with him for a few hours, all my worries could all be thrown aside. Though he did not talk much (at first), but I definitely felt at ease playing the role of his daughter. He would even discuss with me on our roles and give me some pointers on how one can bring out the essence of a role. He would also share with me his filming experiences in Hongkong.

Photobucket

Unknowingly, weeks passed and we grew more familiar with each other. I even brought him to Geylang for our dinner during our dinner break to have a taste of the famous beef horfun.

Photobucket

He loves to eat and he practically eats anything. He loves durian too! Aileen Tan bought him durians during his birthday and we even had a small birthday party for him that day! Oh oh! He loves sugarcane juice as well!

Photobucket

He is really an auntie killer too, whenever we have our lunch or dinner breaks, you will see lots of aunties coming up to him to shake hands or even try and make small talk with him.=))

I’m really glad that I took up this opportunity to act in “Love Thy Neighbour” cos I really enjoyed the 2 months of filmings working with my dad, my mom, Lucy and all the NEIGHBOURS! :):)Who are my neighbours??? Catch “Love Thy Neighbour” which will debut on Channel 8, 27th September and you will know who my neighbours are!

Before you go… I would also like to thank all the production crew;I really enjoyed working with them! All the cameramen and their assistants, lighting men, soundmen, casting directors, directors, assistant directors, production assistants, propsmen, makeup artistes, wardrobe co-ordinators and our bus drivers! And not to forget, without the opportunity given by the executive producer of this show, I won’t have the chance to take up this role J SO, THANKS for making my long holiday worthwhile!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Credit to Bagua TV Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment