Tuesday, September 27, 2011

#lovethyneighbour Felicia tells you why you need to tune in TONIGHT at 9pm

Photobucket

It’s Feli’s final blog post, and she tells us why we NEED to tune in
tonight at 9pm to catch her show!

Hope my past entries were interesting enough =). I have used different perspectives to bring across my role, sharing with all my friends here what I have been busy with, introducing my dad and all the fun we had while filming this show and also the photos and captions of interesting scenes in this show (Catch Love Thy Neighbours to know it all!)

Photobucket

Love Thy Neighbour is a heart-warming comedy drama that aptly shows what might be happening around us now. Maybe we are facing a second wave of immigration and integration since the days of our ancestors, it is hard to avoid such related issues in our everyday lives now. However, I am glad these issues and more are discussed and played out in a light-hearted manner in this show and I think many good lessons can be gleaned from our portrayals.

I think this show is very relatable and realistic yet a good breather from the hectic everyday life that we have. What a good way to de-stress after a hard day’s of work!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am also very happy to act with so many heavy weights in this show! Besides Xia Yu Dage, I have many scenes with beautiful Aileen Tan and interactions with many affable veterans like Lin MeiJiao and WenYong Dage. I must say that they have always brought lots of sparks on our local screens and bring so much depth to our show. It is a joy watching them act and I am sure when you see them flashing out their characters, you can definitely identify with them and probably go:” Eh, that’s sounds just like the third floor (fill in the blank with your neighbour’s name=)!)

The dialogue is also pretty exciting in a way we have tried to bring even more personal flavour to our lines and some might even make you chuckle and feel it’s the dialogue you hear in coffee shops, MRT or really, in your everyday lives!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am sure there have been several very strong performances by young actors and actresses recently. I can say we have a tiny Mozart that might just make you want to get off your couch and try to pinch his cheeks (of course you cant :p). Little Mozart acts as Cavin Soh’s and Ng Hui’s son and hearing feedback from our frequent trailers, many have said he is truly very adorable=) Even I cant help but hug him and..look at his indescribable expression=p

It is a pity that Meijiao Jie acting as Mozart’s grandma might not be able to use her way of calling his name in the show as it is said in dialect. You know how grandmas have their own way of pronouncing their grandchildren’s English names when they can’t really pronounce them? (Ever have that experience? =p) So Mozart becomes ‘Bochup’ to her. =) I guess we have our rules in Singapore though it really sounds so warm and hilarious when we hear their conversation and feels so relatable.

Love Thy Neighbour is coming to all of us on Sep 27th TONIGHT on Channel 8, 9pm. I hope all of you will enjoy it and thanks so much for liking my blog entries so far! I had a lot of fun playing out different identities as Wang Tian-Hu (look at my many other different ‘disguises’!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bringing you insights to our production and my personal experiences have been liberating and reflective for me as well. I hope to bring more juicy bits of news and updates the next time we meet! Cheers!

Photobucket


Credit to Bagua TV Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment